History of Duncannon
Duncannon's pristine 4,200 sq. feet wood structure still stands proudly since being built in 1835 by Colonel Billy Duncan. Thankfully, the beautiful plantation was spared by Sherman's troops because a woman and a sick child were resting upstairs.
In the 1930s, George Herbert Walker, grandfather of President George Herbert Walker Bush, purchased the plantation. President Bush used to visit his grandfather at Duncannon as a child.
Now being privately owned, Duncannon Plantation and it's historical treasures still live on.
Click here for History Resources.
- 4,200 sq. ft plantation home
- bridal suite
- groom suite
- 7 rooms downstaits
- 2 rooms upstairs
- 4 bathrooms
- ceremony site
- reception site
- indoor & outdoor capabilities
- full commercial kitchen and standard kitchen
- full service bar
- 44min from Aiken (35.0mi)
- 51min from Augusta, GA (40.1mi)
- 1hr 30min from Columbia (66.5mi)
- 2hr 13min from Charleston (117.4mi)